BEWARE of NE4ME

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
w4eky

BEWARE of NE4ME

Post by w4eky »

Met NE4ME at an agreed location to sell him an AL-1200. Prior to meeting him, I sent him videos of the amplifier working on a bird meter into a Bird 10k dummy load. I had three Ameritron AL-1200’s so I gave him pictures of them all and let him chose which one he preferred. After he chose, I demonstrated the amplifier on the dummy load. This was fine the night before we planned to meet. The amplifier worked flawless. Fast forward 4 days later, he messaged me stating the amplifier had a problem and wouldn’t load up on 40 meters. We worked through troubleshooting to see what the issues may be. After trying a few tests, I advised him to not try anything else and I would fix. I asked him to take the tube, chimney and transformer out and ship everything to me. Instead, he took the amplifier to someone else to have it repaired. Now I cannot warranty or go over someone else’s work for the same deal. Today he was heard on 40m saying the amplifier is still not fixed and is on his way to another tech for repairs. I offered to fix the amplifier and reimburse his expenses even tho no warranty was implied on the initial sale. Instead he chose to go to other techs and drag my name through the mud over the air.