Kenwood TS-450S display problem???

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
K0BRZ

Kenwood TS-450S display problem???

Post by K0BRZ »

Not having any luck with this, so thought I'd post here! Just got this in a couple weeks ago. Have had it on the air now for a week, everything function wise works as it should or so I thought? Last night I went to program the memories I wanted in it. Entered my freq and modes then pressed memory in, all the sudden the 4 square digits and the infinite sign at the top section of the decibel scale lit up and also one leg of the memory channel lit up. But my memory's entered ok. Got out of the memory program (all done on panel, not in the menu option) went to change band and mode to USB but not only would the USB lit up but the LSB indicator would stay on. The LSB indicator now stays on no matter what mode your in! Rig only transmits in your selected mode. 100 watts output all bands, all modes working as they should. Decided to pull covers and check the memory battery and the possibility of a pinched cable, battery checks ok, recently replaced. No pinched wires! Put it all back together, turned rig on now the U in USB is lit up. Left it alone for the nite and now tonite I turned it on and now I have a leg lit up on the hertz side!!!! What the Heck putting it mildly!!! Have done both the A=B and A/B reset's during all this and nothings getting any better!! Anyone anywhere have any ideas as to where or what to look for on this problem, Hoping it's something I can figure out before I send it in somewhere to be repaired?? I worked all over the bands for a week with a perfect display and no hickups, but like I said once I added some freq's to memory the display started falling apart! It's off now, afraid to turn it back on!