Scammer posing as KI6VO Ivo Waher

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
WD8PAQ

Scammer posing as KI6VO Ivo Waher

Post by WD8PAQ »

This guy replied to my WTB ad for a M7700 meter. He used the name Ivo G Waher and the physical address for KI6VO listed on QRZ. Also sent a photo of the correct meter along with the Gmail using the email address of ki6vo73@gmail.com. He uses Ham lingo and because I'm too trusting I sent payment via F&F to his wife's email address of Aautry0716@yahoo.com, her name being Audrey Autry.
Things went down hill from there and excuse after excuse caused me to do in depth research for the real KI6VO who has a different email address. Anyway, beware and don't make the mistake I did. If anyone else sent money to Audrey Autry, please let me know.
K5KTMTX

Re: Scammer posing as KI6VO Ivo Waher

Post by K5KTMTX »

Wish I had read this. The same dude seems to be preying on QTH folks. I wasn’t out any money but could have been bad.